Importing your data from Quicken Essentials for Mac to MoneyWiz is easy. We have a lot of clients coming from Quicken Essentials for Mac and the import works well for them. Quicken Essentials for Mac can export accounts to separate CSV files.
Before starting to export your accounts, please take a note of their Opening Balance. You would need this information when creating your account in MoneyWiz. For the accounts to come up with the right balance after the import they need to have their Opening Balance set as of the date of the first transaction that you will be importing.
Please note that if you don’t import all accounts, the other accounts might not come up with the correct balances, because of the transfers between them and the accounts you haven’t imported.
Exporting from your current application
- Select the first account, you want to export, from the left hand side panel. You can start with any of the accounts. Just click on the account name in the side panel and then proceed to the next step.
- Go to File > Export > Export Transactions to CSV file. Make sure to select the CSV option. The QXF file format is Quicken’s proprietary format and cannot be read by MoneyWiz.
- Select the Export Options:
- Select Save Location: You can choose any location that you want. Usually the easiest thing is to save the files to the Desktop or in a newly created folder on the Desktop.
- Export: Leave this to the default option – “All Visible Transactions”.
- “Include Scheduled Transaction” – uncheck this option. The mechanism used by Quicken Essentials for scheduled transaction is quite different from the one in MoneyWiz and importing scheduled transactions won’t work.
Then just click Save.
Repeat the above for each of your accounts, mind the filename and to uncheck the “Include Scheduled Transactions” check-box on each import. That’s it! Once you have all files ready you can start importing to MoneyWiz.
Importing to MoneyWiz
Review the Import OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and MT940 files from banks or other applications guide to see how to set up MoneyWiz before you import your data to MoneyWiz.