These are some of the features we have planned for now. More will come of course as MoneyWiz matures over time.
- We’ll do our best to stick to this roadmap, but we may change it at any time for reasons we can't currently foresee.
- If we are delayed with something it may affect the timing of the entire roadmap.
- We do regular bug fixing which sometimes takes longer than expected, which can also alter the timing of when we introduce these new features. We don't list bug fixing on the roadmap.
- We’ll regularly update the roadmap with new features and remove complete ones.
To see what we’ve completed already and when, check the release notes.
- Advanced reconcile
- Improve transaction entry experience using a keyboard on Mac/iPad
- Ability to group, edit and reorder saved reports
- Ability to automatically detect transfers coming in from online banking
- Demo mode
- Complete redesign of Reports - new charts, new reports, new way of using reports. Just pretty much completely new experience while preserving and expanding the current possibilities. [parts of this might be done in 2020 and parts of it in early 2021]
- iOS 14 widgets
- Completely new Apple Watch app
- Touch Bar integration on Mac
- iCloud receipts sync
- Improve file attachments/preview overall experience
- Completely redesign the account creation process for all account types. Make the creation of loan accounts much more versatile & easier to set up and manage.
- Introduce asset accounts
- Introduce a configurable Dashboard
- Ability to export the visible transactions directly from the transactions view
- Show the balance of search results (for example you search for “Cat food” and you will see the total of all “Cat food” transactions directly in the search results)
- Allow emojis to be used for category icons
- Add investment related reports
- When you drag & drop a file to import, but you drag&drop it on top of a specific account (or if you are in that account on iPhone), then automatically import it in that account.
After Q1 2021
- Complex split transactions (where you can split income/expense/transfer in one transaction)
- Automatic local backups of the MoneyWiz database file
- Ability to configure swipe actions
- Drag & drop of transactions to/from list of transactions and scheduled/budgets
- Redesign Scheduled transactions to allow mass payments, possible grouping, table view
- Search box for accounts/budgets lists (when creating a transaction and you need to select the account for example)
- Ability to see/edit the cleared/pending transaction status directly from the transaction creation screen
- Automatically update the credit limit of online connected credit accounts
- Allow 0 amount transactions
- Ability to easily see past payments of a specific scheduled transaction
- Investment holdings details view - ability to see stock lots as well as transactions associated with given holding only
- Make the last updated panes for investments & Ob accounts always visible on iPad/Mac
- Remove the calculator keyboard from transaction layout options and put it as button in the numpad accessory view, to allow easy switching between regular numpad and calculator
- Ability to set a specific period of a scheduled transaction to be different amount
- Advanced rules for scheduled transactions (such as every first Monday of the month etc)
- Rules engine for import (both manual and from online banking)
- Siri Shortcuts
- Allow customizing how many fields you see in the list of transactions on iPhone
- Ability to search transactions by date
- Investment accounts show show daily change and portfolio total G/L
- When deleting an account with transfers, offer option to keep the other accounts’ balances intact
- Download and show proper account logo/icon for online connected accounts, when available
- Include budgets into the forecast
- Ability to set custom exchange rates